File a Statement / Argument in the Voters' Pamphlet
The Oregon Voters' Pamphlet contains information about candidates, ballot measures and political parties, as well as details about the election process. The pamphlet is produced and distributed by the Elections Division.
The pamphlet includes:
- Candidate statements.
- Measure arguments for state measures.
- Political party or assembly of elector statements
(general election only).
- Precinct committeeperson statements (primary
- Fiscal impact statements for state measures.
- Explanatory statements for state measures.
- Legislative arguments in support of a legislative referral.
and arguments to be included in the voters' pamphlet must be submitted
electronically using ORESTAR.
Candidate statements, measure arguments and political party or assembly of elector statements can be filed by fee or petition. Fee filings require payment online at the time of submitting the filings. Petition filings must be approved by the Elections Division before gathering signatures. Approval is sent via email. Completed voters' pamphlet petitions must be submitted by paper.
Voters' Pamphlet Manual and Forms
The 2014 State Voters' Pamphlet Manual provides information about submitting voters' pamphlet statements and arguments. The ORESTAR User Manual: Voters' Pamphlet Filing guides users through filing the statement or argument online.
The Petition Submission-Candidate, Voters' Pamphlet form must be completed when submitting signature sheets.
Statement of Endorsement forms, if required, can be filed by paper or scanned as a .pdf document and attached to the electronic filing in ORESTAR.
- SEL338: Petition Submission-Candidate, Voters' Pamphlet (PDF).
- SEL400: Statement of Endorsement for State Voters' Pamphlet (PDF).
To view or print the form, install the latest Adobe Reader, which is available free.