Oregon Secretary of State

Tribally Owned or Chartered Entities

​​​​Do you need to register your business with the Secretary of State Corporation Division?

Oregon allows for tribally owned or chartered entities in Oregon to register with the Secretary of State for $100.


ORS 56.140 (3)(b) states that an eligible tribe, as defined in ORS 307.181 (4)(a), may register with the Oregon Secretary of State as a foreign business and that there is a nonrefundable fee of $100 for filing the document. The  filing must include a certificate showing that the eligible tribe owned, chartered or registered the entity or otherwise authorized the entity to conduct business.

How to register

Registration is easy and can be done online or by paper form​. Businesses registered with the Secretary of State will need to be renewed yearly..

Tribal Relations

The Secretary of State has developed and implemented an agency policy on relationships and cooperation with tribes. Go to our Tribal Relations page for more information.