Prevent and Detect Business Identity Theft
Protect your business from identity theft. Criminals act as an owner or officer of a business to illegally obtain cash, credit and/or loans.
Steps to Protect You and Your Business
- Use this online tool to verify the accuracy of your business filings and confirm your filings are up to date.
- Don't let your business go inactive, be sure to pay your renewal on time.
- Keep your information updated. When you change your address, don't forget to
update it with the Secretary of State as well.
- Protect accounts with strong two-factor authentication.
- Keep your software updated
- Avoid phishing attempts - Never click on a link or open an attachment in an email from someone you don't know
- Use unique passwords
- Protect mobile devices
- Use trusted security tools
Credit Security Freeze - Personal Credit Protection.
Oregon Division of Financial Regulation -
Protect Your Identity.
Oregon Information Security Resource Center –
Avoiding Identity Theft and Fraud website (personal).
Oregon State Attorney General –
Consumer Identity Theft website (personal).