Oregon Secretary of State

​​​

Oregon Racing Commission

Present Duties

State Office Building
The State Office Building in Portland houses the central offices of the Oregon Racing Commission. (Oregon State Archives Scenic Image 20090131-0230)​
The commission regulates the pari-mutuel industry in Oregon, including horse racing, on- and off-track wagering for the good of the horses, those who work with the horses, the bettors, the licensees and the citizenry. The commission also regulates multi-jurisdictional account wagering hubs licensed in Oregon. By statute, 25% of the fees on wagering through these hubs goes to the state General Fund; the remaining 75% is used to support racing industry activities such as a commercial race meet in Grants Pass and the summer race meets in communities throughout the state.

The commission’s five-member governing board is appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Senate. Terms are four years.​
Agency Website​

Contact Information

Telephone: 971-673-0207
Fax: 971-673-0213
Contact: Connie Winn, Executive Director
Administrative Rules Coordinator: See Contact List for Racing Commission​

Legal & Legislative Information

Statutory Authority: ORS 462.210
contact

Budget Analysis - by Legislative Fiscal Office
Audit Reports - select agency from menu

Records & Publications

State Archives Holdings from This Agency

The following are selected abbreviated listings from the holdings of the Oregon State Archives. Additional records may be available. These records may be viewed free of charge at the State Archives Building in Salem. Copies are available for a fee. Take the Web tour for more information about visiting or ordering copies from the Oregon State Archives.
 
Title: Annual Reports
Dates: 1937, 1979
Cubic Ft.: .1
 
Title: Budgets
Dates: 1945-1981
Cubic Ft.: .2
 
Title: Commission Minutes
Dates: 1980, 1984-1994
Cubic Ft.: 4
 
Title: Correspondence
Dates: 1933-1979
Cubic Ft.: .5
 
Title: Photographs - Dog Races, Horse Races
Dates: 1946-1980
Cubic Ft.: .1
 
Title: Race Meet Rules and Regulations
Dates: 1951-1979
Cubic Ft.: .1