Close a Business

​​​​Dissolving your business

Dissolving your business name is often just one of the steps to be taken when closing your business. Complete the appropriate form​ for your entity type and submit it to our office with the designated fee. Financial aspects and transactions are not detailed here, so follow your accountant’s advice.


Oregon Combined Payroll Tax
If you have had employees or obtained a BIN for payroll tax withholding, be sure to submit the Business Change in Status Form.  This form reports closure of the business to the Employment Department and Department of Revenue.

City or County License
If you have a license with your local municipality, report your closure to them.

Nonprofit Closing (Charity/Public Benefit)
Use the Closing Form to report closing of an Oregon charity to the Department of Justice.

Other State Licensing Boards
Determine your options for your professional or industry license.

Federal Checklist
Report close of business to the IRS.

​​​​​Going Out of Business Sales

Learn requirements for these sales.