High Resolution Scenic Oregon Images
Buy High Resolution Scenic Oregon Images
Use this form to request 300 dpi TIFF or JPEG electronic copies of scenic images. You may include more than one image request per order. Please provide the following required information to process your order. You will be contacted with retrieval instructions when your order is ready.
72 dpi Image Use
The 72 dpi JPEG images shown in the Oregon Historical County Records Guide may be used free of charge without permission provided the photo credit shown below is given.
300 dpi Image Cost and Purchase Agreement
Purchase of 300 dpi TIFF images implies agreement to the following terms and conditions related to the use of high-resolution copies of Oregon Historical County Records Guide scenic photographs. The Oregon State Archives holds custody of the photographs and sets the following conditions to the purchase and use of the photographs:
- The Oregon State Archives will charge Oregon residents $20 for each image. Non-Oregon resident orders are $25 for each image.
- The Oregon State Archives will apply no additional use fees or royalties in relation to the photographs.
- The photographs may be used an unlimited number of times by the purchasing entity only.
- The photographs are only for the use of the purchasing entity and directly related partners and contractors.
- Uses may include, but are not limited to, websites, newspapers, magazines, brochures, posters, and other personal or commercial activities.
However, the purchasing entity may not sell or transfer the rights to use the photographs to other parties. These parties should be referred to the Oregon State Archives for purchase of photographs.
Photo Credit Citations
Please cite photos used from the Oregon Historical County Records Guide as follows:
Gary Halvorson, Oregon State Archives
Format and Camera Information
The photos for purchase are 300 dpi TIFF (or optionally JPEG) format electronic copies.
Each image has an assigned photo number (e.g. lanDA0109) included in the caption. The image numbers begin with an abbreviation of the county name (e.g., mul = Multnomah County) and show which camera was used by an alphabetical designation that follows:
DC = Nikon D800 full frame SLR digital camera with 36.3 megapixels (7360 x 4912 pixels);
DB = Nikon D7000 SLR digital camera with 16.2 megapixels (4928 x 3264 pixels);
DA = Nikon D80 SLR digital camera with 10.2 megapixels (3872 x 2592 pixels);
D = Nikon D70 SLR digital camera with 6.1 megapixels (3008 x 2000 pixels).
Each image description includes the following: caption, dimensions, date created, camera, lens, orientation, and keywords/tags. Call 503-378-5259 for more information.
Filling Your Order
You will be contacted by email or phone with retrieval instructions when your order is ready. Usually within 5-7 business days.