Request Record from Oregon State Archives


Requesting Records

Use the form on this page if you are a member of the public looking for records from the Oregon State Archives.

Vital records available at the State Archives >​

Historical records on display at the state archives building.
Historical records on display at Oregon State Archives building: 800 Summer St. NE, Salem, OR.

Looking for a contemporary vital record?

Any birth certificate less than 100 years old, is available only through the Oregon Health Authority.

They can also provide death certificates less than 50 years old, and marriage and divorce returns less than 50 years old.​

Contact the State Archives

503-373-0701, option 1

Related Resources

About Vital Records

Oregon Historical Records Index​

Topical Research Guides