You can submit requests for research, copies and other services to the State Archives in person or by phone, fax, postal mail or email.
Requests are completed in the order received. Allow 7 to 10 business days for most responses. See the Archives Tour for information about research and copy services. Contact the State Archives with questions.
Basic records request: $5 in state, $10 out of state. This fee includes copying charges, postage and supplies. It applies to one-page documents. A Basic Records Request must provide an exact citation to a record (for example, a citation from the death index or a record listed in the online index) in the custody of the Archives Division.
Basic case file request: $10 in state, $15 out of state. This fee includes up to 10 photocopies, postage and supplies. Additional photocopy pages are charged at 75 cents per page. A Basic Case File Request must provide an exact citation to a record (for example, a record listed in the Oregon Historical Records Index) in the custody of the State Archives.
Other requests: $5 out of state. In addition, all other requests will include labor charges and copying, supply and postage charges when incurred.
Labor charges: $40 per hour, charged in 15-minute increments. There is a maximum of four hours of labor for any request.
Expedited service fee: Rush requests will be assessed a $30 fee in addition to all applicable research and copy fees. Rush requests are limited to single specific requests and are dependent on staff availability. Requests may be subject to review and restrictions.
Fees by Duplication Method
- Copies made by the customer - 25 cents per page.
- Copies made by our staff - 75 cents per page.
- Fax: 75 cents per page.
- PDF: 75 cents per page.
- Audio tape duplication: Cassette-to-cassette duplicates, $7 per cassette.
- Certification: $5 per certification.
- Digital Images of existing files for electronic download or copied to CD-ROM:
- Case file - $35.
- Multipage image (10 pages or less) - $10.
- Single page image - $5.
- High-resolution digital images of existing files for electronic download or copied to CD-ROM - $20 per image.
- Reproduction by outside vendor: Vendor and travel costs when applicable, plus $10 handling fee.